Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ready or not


3 pairs of shoes. 9 months of training. Over 400 miles. Ready or not...

I just finished my last day of walking multiple hours until the Walk! I started training 9 months ago so it is an incredible sense of accomplishment! The past 4 weeks have been very intense.  They have required 2-3 hours of walking daily! So pretty much from my waking moment, what I eat, how I manage my time, exercising for multiple hours, when and how I sleep and taking supplements at the right time consumes my day. Am I ready? I do not know. It is difficult to count all the time, money, sweat and tears I have put into something and then let it just be whatever it is. I mean, I cannot change whether I am ready now or not. It is what it is. I just have this nagging sense of doubt. Did I overtrain? Will I be well prepared? Will I be in miserable pain everyday? I do not know and I probably won't until about Day 4. But at least I know I did my best.

Several times a week, when I am massaging my feet or soaking in Epsom salt, Anila looks at me and says " Its for the babies, mom. It will be worth it."

I know she is right.



1 comment:

  1. Interesting it takes 9 months for a baby to be born, right? I can't tell you how excited I am for you, and maybe a bit jealous. I feel like this is such a hinge of history kind of moment, and that we get to be part of it is mind blowing. 

    I will be praying for you and Mistie and the rest of the women as much as humanly possible! Y'all are so awesome!

    I think it's cool someday you will say oh yea remember that one time I walked from Houston to Dallas, crazy huh.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete